Are you looking to regain that elusive work-life balance? Does complete flexibility in your day sound like an appealing change of pace? How about getting back to the art of medicine, connecting with your clients and patients in a meaningful way instead of rushing from one exam room to another? If this resonates with you, consider joining the PetHospice team!Apply Here
Hiring in the Following Service Area Locations:
- Servicing East Bay, San Francisco, and Marin Counties
- Servicing South San Francisco, Mountain View, Palo Alto
Who We Are:
PetHospice is a well-established and rapidly growing hospice and end-of-life service started in the Bay Area of California in 2012 by Dr. Shea Cox, one of the country’s most respected leaders in hospice and end-of-life care. We take an interdisciplinary approach to care and our team consists of Veterinarians, RVTs, Care Coordinators, and Pet Loss Specialists providing superior in-home care. We do not take the place of the primary care veterinarian or specialist, but rather work collaboratively with them to provide adjunctive in-home options for palliative care and end-of-life services.
What Makes Us Different?
- We make sure we take care of each other as well as the families we care for
- We offer services and support to our clients 7 days a week from 9am-6pm, but each veterinarian chooses when and how much they want to work – it’s totally up to you!
- Our appointment blocks are 2-3 hours in length, allowing for a relaxed, in-depth appointment – we don’t like stress!
- Our team is arguably the greatest team on earth – you will be fully supported every single day
- Because PetHospice is an in-home service, we are not tied to a specific location; we are looking to hire veterinarians in regions that have an established or potential need for our services
- We are a highly creative and out-of-the-box team that continually pushes the boundaries of how we can do things better for the families we care for, and for each other
- Lead with heart, always :)
- Provide thorough in-home hospice and palliative care, pain management, and euthanasia services (or any combination of these services) to pets in a mutually agreed upon service region
- Option to provide nationwide Telehealth services focused on Quality of Life
- Ensure timely communication to the team and clients
- Ensure thorough and timely completion of medical records – referring vets are our other clients
Details and qualifications:
- Part-time and full-time positions available
- Experience in general or emergency practice preferred, but not required
- The Corporation will provide specific training on hospice and end-of-life care
- All medications and supplies provided by the Corporation
- Compensation is based on number and types of appointments seen
- Must have a valid DEA and veterinary license for the state practicing in
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and use own vehicle to drive to/from appointments in agreed upon service region
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs at minimum
- Full-time: $250-$400 per appointment with a guaranteed base salary (potential for $150K/year with 4-day a week availability, seeing 3 appointments per day), license and dues, CE allowance, medical, IRA, and PTO
- Part-time: $250-$400 per appointment
- The average euthanasia appointment is 1 hour and the average hospice/pain management appointment is 2 hours (plus drive time)