Hiring in the Following Service Area Locations:
- Service Area: East Bay, San Francisco, and Marin Counties
Who We Are:
PetHospice is a well-established and rapidly growing hospice and end-of-life service started in the Bay Area of California in 2012 by Dr. Shea Cox, one of the country’s most respected leaders in hospice and end-of-life care.
We take an interdisciplinary approach to care and our team consists of Veterinarians, RVTs, Care Coordinators, and Pet Loss Specialists providing superior in-home care.
We do not take the place of the primary care veterinarian or specialist, but rather work collaboratively with them to provide adjunctive in-home options for palliative care and end-of-life services.
What Makes Us Different?
- We make sure we take care of each other as well as the families we care for; our job can be emotional, and we support each other daily through laughter and humor
- We work as a team, and our team is arguably the greatest one on earth – you will be fully supported every single day
- We are a highly creative and out-of-the-box team that continually pushes the boundaries of how we can do things better for the families we care for, and for each other
- Lead with heart, always :)
- Work with our doctors to provide in-home hospice and palliative care, pain management
- Provide in-home and virtual Quality of Life Assessments, helping guide families through end-of-life decisions and preparing them for loss
- In-home nursing visits to perform rechecks and physical exams (being the "eyes" of the doctor), in-home diagnostics (blood pressure, blood work, UA), medication administration, client education
Details and qualifications:
- Position open to California licensed RVTs
- Part-time and full-time positions available
- The organization will provide specific training and mentorship on hospice and end-of-life care
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and a dependable vehicle
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs at minimum
- Need to be easy-going, level-headed and enjoy a wry (sometimes off-color :) sense of humor; must have an astute attention to detail and a sharp mind for learning; compassion and a gentle demeanor go without saying (we are after "hearts and smarts" :)
- Based on experience, availability, and role within the organization
- Full time positions offer medical benefits, PTO, CE
- Car allowance for travel
- Potential for growth and an expanded role within the organization for the right candidate