Hiring in the Following Service Area Locations:
- This is a remote, work from home position
- Part-time and full-time positions available
- Our business hours are from 9am to 6pm daily, Pacific Standard Time
Who We Are:
PetHospice is a well-established and rapidly growing hospice and end-of-life service started in the Bay Area of California in 2012 by Dr. Shea Cox, one of the country’s most respected leaders in hospice and end-of-life care.
We take an interdisciplinary approach to care and our team consists of Veterinarians, RVTs, Care Coordinators, and Pet Loss Specialists providing superior in-home care.
We do not take the place of the primary care veterinarian or specialist, but rather work collaboratively with them to provide adjunctive in-home options for palliative care and end-of-life services.
What Makes Us Different?
- We make sure we take care of each other as well as the families we care for; our job can be emotional, and we support each other daily through laughter and humor
- We work as a team, and our team is arguably the greatest one on earth – you will be fully supported every single day
- We are a highly creative and out-of-the-box team that continually pushes the boundaries of how we can do things better for the families we care for, and for each other
- Our culture is built upon collaboration, fun, respect, thoughtfulness and a desire to make a difference for others
- We work as a team, supporting each other and working together; everyone’s input is valued, appreciated, and equal
- Lead with heart, always :)
Confirm appointments, create consent forms, and notify team of any pertinent appointment information
Meticulous and accurate information capture and communication is crucial
General office administration including faxing of records, calling referring practices for medical records, assisting with overseeing the daily moving parts of the business, and handling the various logistics of communication
Work closely with other care coordinators, nurses and doctors on the team, assisting with guidance and communication for our current patients, including general email/phone communications with regards to triage, nursing care or other patient concerns
Development of education and team resources as time allows
Participate in our team approach to improving and developing day-to-day systems as we continually strive to improve ways in which we can elevate the end of life care we offer
Additional remote responsibilities based on practice needs
Details and qualifications:
- Must have strong computer skills and be savvy with technology (Google Suite, apps and cloud-based systems) – we will train
- Have continued and reliable access to wi-fi, cell phone and computer during working hours
- Need to be easy-going, level-headed and enjoy a wry (sometimes off-color :) sense of humor
- We are rapidly growing; continued change and evolution can't freak you out
- Must have an astute attention to detail and a sharp mind for learning; compassion and a empathetic demeanor go without saying
- Position open to all, veterinary experience helpful, but not required
- Based on experience, availability, and role within the organization
- Full time positions offer medical benefits, PTO, CE